AP – Bangladeshi security officials on Sunday opened fire and used tear gas to disperse stone-throwing members of a hardline Islamic group protesting a government policy for women’s equal right to inheritance, leaving one protester dead and 25 others injured.
Visit Sandrine Samperi”s Blog out at Sandrine Samperi
- Senators call for full review of Pakistani ties (Reuters) – 2226th Edition
- Australian man kidnapped in southern Philippines (AP) – 2225th Edition
- U.S., India, Japan to meet after Obama’s Asia “pivot” (Reuters) – 2224th Edition
- Afghanistan to need financial support until 2024 (AP) – 2223th Edition
- AP Interview: Pakistan PM sees progress in US ties (AP) – 2222th Edition