AP – Philippine security officials said Tuesday they expect Osama bin Laden’s death to weaken local Islamic extremists and lead to their elimination, but a captured Abu Sayyaf commander said his comrades have hardly been affected by previous foreign setbacks.
- Senators call for full review of Pakistani ties (Reuters) – 2226th Edition
- Australian man kidnapped in southern Philippines (AP) – 2225th Edition
- U.S., India, Japan to meet after Obama’s Asia “pivot” (Reuters) – 2224th Edition
- Afghanistan to need financial support until 2024 (AP) – 2223th Edition
- AP Interview: Pakistan PM sees progress in US ties (AP) – 2222th Edition