AP – • POWER LINES CONNECTED: Crews connect all six reactors at the troubled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant to the electrical grid Tuesday, a day after smoke triggered an evacuation from the facility. But the plant’s operator cautions that pumps, motors and other equipment must be checked before the power can be turned on. It’s likely to be days or weeks before cooling systems can resume functioning.
Visit Sandrine Samperi”s Blog out at Sandrine Samperi
- Senators call for full review of Pakistani ties (Reuters) – 2226th Edition
- Australian man kidnapped in southern Philippines (AP) – 2225th Edition
- U.S., India, Japan to meet after Obama’s Asia “pivot” (Reuters) – 2224th Edition
- Afghanistan to need financial support until 2024 (AP) – 2223th Edition
- AP Interview: Pakistan PM sees progress in US ties (AP) – 2222th Edition