AP – • NEW HIGH IN OCEAN RADIATION LEVELS. Nuclear safety officials say waters 300 yards (meters) from the troubled Fukushima Dai-ichi plant contain 3,355 times the legal limit for the amount of radioactive iodine — the highest rate yet. The amount of iodine-131 found south of the plant does not pose an immediate threat to human health but is concerning, officials say.
Visit Sandrine Samperi”s Blog out at Sandrine Samperi
- Senators call for full review of Pakistani ties (Reuters) – 2226th Edition
- Australian man kidnapped in southern Philippines (AP) – 2225th Edition
- U.S., India, Japan to meet after Obama’s Asia “pivot” (Reuters) – 2224th Edition
- Afghanistan to need financial support until 2024 (AP) – 2223th Edition
- AP Interview: Pakistan PM sees progress in US ties (AP) – 2222th Edition