AP – • ENGINEERS WORK TO STOP RADIOACTIVE LEAK. Engineers try to stem a leak of highly radioactive water spilling into the Pacific with a new method after concrete failed to seal a crack discovered Saturday. They injected polymer that can absorb enormous amounts of water into a pipe that connects to the maintenance pit from where the water is leaking. It’s not yet known if that has worked.
Visit Sandrine Samperi”s Blog out at Sandrine Samperi
- Senators call for full review of Pakistani ties (Reuters) – 2226th Edition
- Australian man kidnapped in southern Philippines (AP) – 2225th Edition
- U.S., India, Japan to meet after Obama’s Asia “pivot” (Reuters) – 2224th Edition
- Afghanistan to need financial support until 2024 (AP) – 2223th Edition
- AP Interview: Pakistan PM sees progress in US ties (AP) – 2222th Edition