AP – Just one year after tensions over U.S. military bases in Japan forced out a prime minister, a relief mission mounted by American soldiers after the earthquake and tsunami is showing a new and welcome face for troops the Japanese have hosted — sometimes grudgingly — for decades.
- Senators call for full review of Pakistani ties (Reuters) – 2226th Edition
- Australian man kidnapped in southern Philippines (AP) – 2225th Edition
- U.S., India, Japan to meet after Obama’s Asia “pivot” (Reuters) – 2224th Edition
- Afghanistan to need financial support until 2024 (AP) – 2223th Edition
- AP Interview: Pakistan PM sees progress in US ties (AP) – 2222th Edition