AFP – 0916 GMT: Stocks in German insurers and power companies have plunged in early trading. Shares in the world’s biggest re-insurance group, Munich Re, are down by 4.43 percent at 106.8 euros, while general insurer Allianz has lost 3.40 percent to 96.43 euros. On Friday, Munich Re had already lost 4.28 percent and Allianz 2.14 percent.
- Senators call for full review of Pakistani ties (Reuters) – 2226th Edition
- Australian man kidnapped in southern Philippines (AP) – 2225th Edition
- U.S., India, Japan to meet after Obama’s Asia “pivot” (Reuters) – 2224th Edition
- Afghanistan to need financial support until 2024 (AP) – 2223th Edition
- AP Interview: Pakistan PM sees progress in US ties (AP) – 2222th Edition