AP – Japan’s government revealed a series of missteps by the operator of a radiation-leaking nuclear plant on Saturday, including sending workers in without protective footwear in its faltering efforts to control a monumental crisis. The U.S. Navy, meanwhile, rushed to deliver fresh water to replace corrosive saltwater now being used in a desperate bid to cool the plant’s overheated reactors.
- Senators call for full review of Pakistani ties (Reuters) – 2226th Edition
- Australian man kidnapped in southern Philippines (AP) – 2225th Edition
- U.S., India, Japan to meet after Obama’s Asia “pivot” (Reuters) – 2224th Edition
- Afghanistan to need financial support until 2024 (AP) – 2223th Edition
- AP Interview: Pakistan PM sees progress in US ties (AP) – 2222th Edition