AP – Azra Bashir spoke by phone to her son Usman, holed up in a freezing border outpost on the dangerous Afghanistan-Pakistan border, only hours before NATO airstrikes killed him and 23 other Pakistani soldiers. The 23 year-old captain told his mother not to worry about him, and reminded her to watch her health.
- Senators call for full review of Pakistani ties (Reuters) – 2226th Edition
- Australian man kidnapped in southern Philippines (AP) – 2225th Edition
- U.S., India, Japan to meet after Obama’s Asia “pivot” (Reuters) – 2224th Edition
- Afghanistan to need financial support until 2024 (AP) – 2223th Edition
- AP Interview: Pakistan PM sees progress in US ties (AP) – 2222th Edition